Friday, August 22, 2008

Oregon Star Party

It has finally come time to be a big boy and admit that there will be no Oregon Star Party this year, not for me. For those who don't know, OSP is one of the best gatherings of astro geeks in the northwest. It consists of 500 to 800 amateur astronomers (some years closer to 1,000) gathering in the desert to enjoy the night sky. http://oregonstarparty.org

This year, well now that the decision is made, it seems so obvious. The stars will always be there and Sam needs all of us. Amanda's at school and can't really help out, so why was this hard? I think it has something to do with the wish that I will wake up soon and this will all be a bad dream.

Anyway, the good news is I get to spend the afternoon with Sam tomorrow. Today I heard how he has been learning to navigate the halls at Legacy Emanuel in a wheel chair under his own power. Naturally, we want the whole wobbly legs thing to get better, but this I've got to see!

-- Patton

No comments: