Friday, November 07, 2008

Homecoming.

It has been a long haul, but Karylinn gets to go home today. She is still having more pain than expected and her doctor is concerned about it. As I understand the report, she is having continued fallout from the tear in the nerve sack and loss of spinal fluid. He is confident that she is past the worst of it but the healing can take a long time -- two to eight weeks.

Before anyone asks, I'll answer. No, I don't know what that means. Unfortunately I have not been able to be there when the doctor was there the last couple of times. Karylinn is really good at capturing that kind of detail, but when you are the one on your back alternating between pain and pain meds, it's bound to affect what you can take in. Hopefully I will get a chance to talk direct to the doctor later today.

No comments: